OUR GOVERNING BOARD
The organisation of the Governing Body of Charlton Mackrell C of E Primary School is set out in the school’s most recent Instrument of Government, made effective on 11 February 2015 and reviewed annually.
The Board consists of 12 governors and all have a strong link with our wider school community. Governors serve for a standard term of term of 4 years though co-opted governors, who are appointed by the Board, serve 2 year terms.
A Governing body performs three main functions they are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school.
- Holding the Head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money it well spent.
The day to day management and running of the school is the responsibility of the Head teacher and school leadership team. It is the job of the leadership team to report to the governors so we can undertake our main functions identified above.
The Full Governing Board (FGB) meets every half term and Governors also undertake individual statutory governor roles as well as duties to specific areas of the curriculum and also meet regularly in committees or working parties that look more closely, with staff, at important areas of the school’s performance and development these include:
- School Finance
- Performance and Standards (Curriculum)
- Personnel and Pay
- Head Teacher performance
- Statutory committees to cover complaints, appeals and exclusions are convened if required.
- Individual responsibilities include Safeguarding, Special Educational Needs or Disability, Armed Forces & Service families, Church School and ICT
The legal terms of the governing body can be accessed here: Instrument of Government Feb 2015.
Board Member Names and Roles
Contact via the school 01458 223329
|Governor Name||Governor Type||Role(s) on Governing Board|
|Rebecca Cawley||Head Teacher||
|Charlie Hull||LA Gov||