THE HISTORY OF OUR SCHOOL
Anyone joining Charlton Mackrell Primary School today is part of a long line of pupils, teachers and supporters who can enjoy and benefit from its proud history.
Although forms of education started in the villages before 1846, Charlton Mackrell School was planned, built and part funded by the Reverend William Thomas Parr Brymer. In the same building we enjoy today. On his and his wife’s death his brother paid for the school building as a memorial to his brother.
In September 1891 elementary education became free and by 1900 the school was much in demand and space became limited. The school has grown steadily since then to now provide excellent facilities.The proud heritage of Charlton Mackrell Primary School is both a basis and inspiration to continue to deliver quality education and care for those in its community.
There is much more to find out, so enjoy the whole story by looking at the full history available here.